Who I am:
- Wife, and mother of two fabulous young men (ages 22 and 24)
- Former English Language Arts teacher (12 years)
- Former junior high counselor (20 years)
- Associate Certified Coach (International Coach Federation)
- Trainer for the Positive Discipline Association
- Master Trainer for the Gurian Institute
- Life coach for teens and adults
What I do:
- I help teens and adults discover that they are capable, powerful, and resilient.
- I help parents create loving, respectful relationships with their children.
- I help educators create respectful, connected relationships in the classroom—between students, and between students and teachers.
What’s my WHY?
- I have a vision…
- …of children who see themselves as capable, loved, and loving members of their family
- …of parents who find joy in raising respectful, responsible, resilient children
- …of classrooms where students offer one another support and respect, turn conflict into an opportunity to problem solve, and see themselves as contributing, thriving members of the school community
- As a coach, facilitator and trainer, I put all my energy into turning that vision into reality.
The Tools I Use:
Positive Discipline (Created by Dr. Jane Nelsen and Lynn Lott)
- Offers tools and strategies for helping parents and educators create mutually respectful relationships with children. We practice using kindness AND firmness at the same time, so that we’re being neither punitive nor permissive. We learn how to determine the belief behind the misbehavior, so that challenging behaviors from children become opportunities to teach skills for being respectful, responsible, contributing members of the family and classroom.
- Positive Discipline is my foundational program for individual parent coaching, as well as parenting classes and trainings.
- Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way provides parents with an intensive, 2-day training that teaches the core concepts of Positive Discipline and strategies for immediate implementation in their family life. Participants are certified to teach Positive Discipline concepts and skills to others, should they wish to do so.
- Positive Discipline in the Classroom is a trauma-informed, social-emotional learning curriculum, designed to be implemented in the classroom at all levels, from 1st grade up through high school. Two-day trainings certify participants both to use the curriculum in their classrooms, and to teach concepts and skills to other members of their faculty. Shorter trainings can be scheduled for small groups or entire faculties, giving teachers the opportunity to learn strategies that they can put to immediate use.
- Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators is a trauma-informed, social-emotional learning curriculum designed for implementation with children ages 0-6 years. Two-day trainings certify participants both to use the curriculum in their classrooms, and to teach concepts and skills to other members of their faculty/organization. Shorter trainings can be scheduled for small groups or entire faculties, giving teachers and caregivers the opportunity to learn strategies that they can put to immediate use.
The Gurian Institute
- Dr. Michael Gurian has done extensive research into how the structural and chemical differences between boys’ and girls’ brains impact their learning needs, social interaction patterns, and emotional processing. Training for educators is grounded in brain research and offers ready-to-use strategies with children in the classroom, counseling office, and even in the administrator’s office. Implementation of Dr. Gurian’s recommended strategies has been proven successful in helping diverse schools and communities throughout the world.
- Over the years, I have become increasingly concerned about the high rate of disengagement for boys in school. The groundbreaking work that Dr. Gurian is doing to support the learning and parenting needs of both boys and girls must be shared and put into practice, if we are to change the trajectory of our culture! As a Master Trainer for the Gurian Institute, I draw on my experience and passion to inspire my audience as I have been inspired, motivating parents, teachers, and other stakeholders to be catalysts for change, so that children who think that they can’t…learn that they can!
A variety of coaching tools which I have either learned from others or developed myself
- Each coaching client brings with them a unique set of challenges and goals they want to achieve.
- I’m highly skilled at creating individually tailored programs that result in improved outcome
How can I help YOU?
- Whether you’re seeking individualized coaching for yourself or your teen, or looking for an inspirational facilitator to provide training for parents or teachers, I’m here to help you determine where our visions align so I can provide you with the best possible experience!
- Please contact me to schedule a consultation. I’ll look forward to hearing from you!